The levels of General or Clinical Practice Groups (CPG) Membership Categories are listed below.
General Membership Category
- No special interest experience required
- Trainee (must be enrolled in a research degree)
- Member (holds a Master level research degree + at least two publications)
- Fellow (holds a doctoral research degree + at least five publications)
Clinical Practice Group Membership Category
Trainee – entry level
This membership level is suitable for chiropractors who are in the early stages of their career. Chiropractors who wish to join as a Trainee need to either have two years clinical practice experience, where their practice involves significant time treating clients that fall within the interest groups target audience or have two years of practice experience and be enrolled in a master’s level program of related study.
To progress to be a Member there are currently two pathways offered:
- Educational Pathway – chiropractors who wish to progress their membership will need to have successfully completed a University Graduate Diploma level course (or equivalent) that is recognised by the CPG they wish to join. They will also need to provide evidence of 20 hours of related CPD in the last year and 100 hours of accredited participation (in addition to the basic qualification required for registration).
- Experiential Pathway - This pathway is applicable for short term only i.e. for Grandfathering phase: Chiropractors who wish to progress their membership via this pathway will need to show that they have the equivalent knowledge and skill set gained via a master’s degree.
To be a Fellow of the AICE means that you have attained the highest level of knowledge and competence in your given specialist area.
To progress from a Member to a Fellow you need to undertake a two-year university training program (equivalent to a master’s degree), that consists of a facilitated program of professional development, including regular study, formal case presentations, audit reports and trial examinations. At the end of the training program you will need to pass the final practical and oral examinations after the grandfathering period ends.