AICE recognises a number of clinical interest areas, where members with (or looking to gain) additional skills and experience are able to join.
These Clinical Practice Groups (CPG) have the following roles:
- To recognise experience and qualifications relevant to each subject area.
- To encourage further, relevant continuing professional development.
- To define and uphold the competencies of CPG members as they pertain to each subject area.
- To review, disseminate and develop the evidence-base in each subject area.
- To support CPG members in developing and extending skills and knowledge in relevant subject areas.
- To promote networking with people with shared interests in the relevant clinical area.
- To foster open inquiry and debate among practitioners and the wider healthcare community.
Clinical Practice Groups have been established in the following areas: